Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tech Corner

Government seems to be breathing in our backs with the new CISPA , SOPA , SECURE programs to locate every single web site visit or chat conversation.

The Real Enemy is the ISP or Internet Service Providers, they sell all our information to marketing companies or the government so they can target us with enhanced advertisement or a law suite because you are downloading a movie that already made $200 million.

anyways my article is more about the protection of your privacy and I found some useful stuff to protect your surfing habits.


rowse Securely With HTTPS

How Can I Prevent My ISP from Tracking My Every Move?First things first, you should be using HTTPS. If a site offers HTTPS, just go to https://www.thewebsite.com instead of just plain old http. If you want to make things even easier, you can just install the Firefox and Chrome extension HTTPS Everywhereand it'll take care of the problem for you.

Browse Anonymously With Tor

HTTPS just encrypts data as its transfered, but it doesn't completely anonymize your activity. That's where Tor comes in. Tor was designed to help you browse the web without leaving a trace, as it funnels your traffic through a series of virtual tunnels. 

so, Today I learn that you can actually navigate anonymously. Okay I new but I am sharing with you

No comments:

Post a Comment